At Keeko Kids Limited we take our impact on the environment very seriously and we are committed to minimizing the impact of our activities. We recognise the importance of environmental protection and we are committed to operating our business responsibly and in compliance with all environmental regulations and legislations.
- All our crayons are vegan friendly and manufactured in our UK factory in North West England !
- Huge amounts of CO2 are produced when transporting goods from overseas. By ordering your crayons from a UK manufacturer means you are supporting your local economy and reducing your carbon footprint.
- We recycle all of our wax meaning there is zero waste.
- All our crayons meet European safety standards. Keeko wax crayons have been tested by Intertek to the European Toy Safety Standard EN71 parts 1-3 and 9.
Colouring Pads and Activity sheets
- The paper used is responsibly sourced paper.
- Energy-efficient Canon print engines are used to print.
- The ink used is soy and vegetable based.
- The company automate processes to reduce waste.
- All our colouring boards are made in the UK from the highest quality materials. Our plastic boards are made from HIPS which is 100% recyclable.
- The tensile strength means it lasts a long time, therefore giving the product a long product life-span. Some of our customers have had their boards installed for over 10 years!
- The wallboards minimise waste as customers will only take an activity sheet and crayons if required, making them more environmentally friendly!
- By using bulk crayons in the crayon tray, any unused crayons can be put back into the tray, again minimising waste.
- All our activity bags and made in the UK!
- The activity bags are 100% recyclable.
- The product is from sustainably managed forests and controlled sources.
- All our activity bags are PEFC certified.
Five of the most significant GREEN practices we have adopted in an effort to streamline production and reduce our impact on the environment…
- All our packaging used is recyclable and we use minimum packaging when dispatching products.
- We recycle all our cardboard, plastic and even our coffee pods!
- We minimise our energy use through continually monitoring and reviewing our manufacturing processes and practices.
- We source our raw materials carefully and promote a product range that is diverse to help minimise waste and the impact on the environment that our production and distribution operations may effect.
- We regularly monitor employee attitudes and behavior towards saving energy with focus on the impact of our business on the environment.
- We will continue to monitor and record our energy usages to look for trends or patternsthat will in turn help us to focus our efforts on reducing our carbon footprint.
- We will continue to use ethical sourced and sustainable raw materials.
- To continue to research the most sustainable products and transport methods.
- To strive to reduce water and energy waste.
- To regularly calculate and monitor our carbon footprint.
- To track for supply chain efficiency.
- To encourage our staff to walk, bike or use public transport to work.